English Listening

Changed to audio book this week, during the bus to office.
Surprisingly, I can't really got into it, so hard to switch myself to "story mode" by audio, maybe it's because the noisy environment or visual disturbs, or "Pride and Prejudice" is just too difficult for me. However, an audio book still much harder than speeches or radio drama to me, I felt pretty comfortable with speeches or lectures even near the engine part(where with super loud noise and vibration), I also can watching girls on the bus and following the lectures at the same time, but on the moment the reader start reading the book, my brain failed, I understand most of the sentences she read, but feel far away combine them into a story, that feel really sad.

Hope with practices I can make a movement about this situation, maybe started with audio magazine is a good first step, it's much clear while in home, I'll try it next time on bus.
--
Casting my mind back to high school, I felt pretty exciting when I can understand some English on the radio(not BBC yet that time.) and similar feeling once I started watching series with Eng subtitle, then easy movies without subtitle, finally online lectures smoothly, which means my mind focus on the contents, not that I am listening and translating sentences, similar steps on my reading, from words to sentences, and from sentences to follow the meaning flawlessly on certain article XD, but still super constrained on speaking and writing, unable to thinking in English every time, lost time and a lot in translation.
--
The best way to learn English for is by playing video game XDD, especially games with missions and stories, although most of them come with subtitles, but it would be more fun if just playing as the character, operate by listen to instructions, pay attention to the info in games, which is provided in English, this is a good testimonial of gamification, people likes to play video games in foreign language, and by discussing with others in forums or to reach information from the dealer, they do gain more language ability, I think this would be more effective with MMORPG, which I didn't played a lot.

WO, typing this cost me five times writing a similar Chinese article~it seems that my writing still shitty~ :(

留言

此網誌的熱門文章

小裁縫之路序章:量身

Augmented Reality

作業順便PO~~宋家王朝