Spec Ops the Line

If you like Heart of Darkness or Apocalypse Now, this is the game for you.
Usually I would recommend YouTube walkthrough videos to my non-gamer friends, but this game has different experience by play it through yourself, if you want that experience go get it and enjoy.

================Spoiler Alert================  



How much do you want to be a hero?
This is the question sums up my experience for this game.
Fears no danger, winning combats, defeat your enemy, being supreme, acclaimed by crowd, honored by celebrities and enjoy the reputation for the rest of your life.
How's that as a HERO? Does these things affect how we choose?
Most people like to be hero, players like to play as heroes, but sometimes, those desire bring us into darkness in certain condition.
Like war.
It start pretty common, American solider trying rescue another American, and do all the "good" to help local people, but turn out that most of the time I’m killing Americans…(oh~and other time I’m killing civilians ) The game has some choices, which doesn’t looks a choice if you just like to be a hero, I just play like I'm playing CS, shoot on sight, kill every non-teammates on my way, that’s did saved me quite some time, but in the end these all punched back. When met the first CIA agent and I found the crosshair doesn't change colour (it will change to red when pointing an enemy), I just hesitate 0.1 second and killed him, and thing just keep going, and going, killing those stranger feels right, just a video game, right? 
Yeah right.
Ironically, the radio man said: “Jeez, man, where's all this violence coming from? Is it the video games? I bet it's the video games.”
I laughed when hearing this.

Of course we don’t live like we’re playing video games, but it’s did reflect some part of us, we want to be success, we want to leveling up, we want a lot.
How that hurt others?

We didn't mean to hurt anybody...It’s our arrogant ego blind our eyes. Admit imperfect self and so many wrong with it can be hard, very hard.
But constantly review what we’ve done and become is as important as the goal itself, things could be very different without noticed.
The control is the experience breaking part of this game, and been criticized by many, I got besieged many times with its bad control system, even with mouse aiming it still feels bad, and I believe it's would be worse by controller. 


What get me is how we make decisions, we like simplified question and narrower our choices, think questions only by how we feel at that moment, or what we want it to be.
Fallen hero like Arthas Menethil or Darth Vader maybe all around, and we just like how hero they are, but forgotten how they became and how much it cost.
Welcome to the dark side.


留言

此網誌的熱門文章

小裁縫之路序章:量身

Augmented Reality

作業順便PO~~宋家王朝